My Ideal Fair Booth

Generally speaking, my UP Fair experience this year was not that fun. For those of you who do not know what UP Fair is, it's a week long bazaar, carnival, exhibit, and concert (you name it! LOL) held during mid-February where a lot of bands - rock band, that is - are invited to perform every night. Busy as I was, I attended the Monday fair and semi-attended the Thursday fair. By semi-attended, I mean some of my close friends and I just stood by outside the fenced venue and felt the over-excited ecstatic crowd of the event. Well, I tell you, sitting on the grass of the sunken garden (the venue of the event inside the UP Campus) gave us some kind of an unusual relaxing feeling that made up our mind not to buy ticket and get inside. If you are from UP, I'm sure you know what I'm up to. :)

Actually, I was forced to attend the Monday fair because one of my organizations in UP assigned me to set up our booth inside the venue. Good thing was that I had a free pass. Mind you, I still had an unfinished laboratory paper which was due on the following day. But the heck, there I was, supervising the two booths we had, one was a bag/accessory/perfume booth and the other was a tattoo booth. Unfortunately, during that day, the crowd was not yet that eager to go to the fair maybe because it was the first day of the week-long event and I think the visiting bands were not people favorites (sorry for all the fans of the bands who went during the Monday fair, peace!) and so it only meant one thing - our booth was a flop that time.

If only our booths were like this exhibit booth, and the logo of our organization was customized like this logo floor mats, probably a lot more people might be enticed by our service and products. But no! I even carried myself the worn-out tables and chairs we rented from a not-so-nearby rental shop. How wretched that was! And how I also wish that our booth had these trade show displays and this kind of truss to lure (haha. sorry for the term) more and more people to give us more and more revenues to somehow abate my exhaustion that night. And at least I can say, it's worth not prioritizing my homework. Oh, well...

7 comments:

chocowafer @ February 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM

never pa ko naka-atteng UP fair. loser. haha

Leoj @ February 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM

o talaga? next year naman, pls lang attend ka na. haha. graduating na tayo nun! (sana. hehe)

Gian Paolo @ February 17, 2009 at 10:39 PM

ako din, hindi pa. graduating na ako next year. :))

Leoj @ February 17, 2009 at 11:47 PM

waw akala ko lahat ng taga-UP eh eager umattend ng fair. haha. o dapat next year attend na kayo. :)

lucas @ February 18, 2009 at 6:28 PM

wow...mas maeenjoy mo siguro if you're not one of the organizers..hehe!

i love fairs. lalo na kapag may mga tugtugan! hehe! kamiss tuloy ang collge..hays...

Leoj @ February 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM

@lucas

akala ko student ka pa. haha

UP grad ka po ba?small world. hehe

Arlington Home Appraisal @ November 1, 2022 at 6:00 AM

Great post thank you