Which is better, recycling or reusing?

Recently did I learn that there is a big difference between reusing and recycling. Though it's kinda late (considering that I am already a college student), I'm glad I did.

I took an environmental engineering course last semester and it really helped me a lot in realizing that as an engineering student I can be of great help with regard to promoting environmental issues. Actually it's not that I entirely did not know the difference between recycling and reusing, but I must admit that after taking the course, it was sort of embarrassing to myself that there are lot of misconceptions (which I am believing) about the two that must be corrected.

Anyway, I will not be posting my lectures on that course. But for sure, this post will have a follow-up entry, or entries! As regards to my question, it's actually rhetorical. We cannot say one is better and the other is inferior because both of which should be practiced: your skip bins contain wastes that can be categorized as either reusable or recyclable, or both. And speaking of categorizing wastes, maybe choosing the right hire bin can help you for that matter. Actually it does help. The design of skip hire matters a lot in providing solutions in wide range of solid wastes.

5 comments:

lucas @ February 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM

my first thought was that recycling is better than reusing..hehe!

i thought there are only a number of things that could be used compared to what could be recycled..hmmm

Leoj @ February 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM

yup tama ka. you cannot reuse as much wastes as you can recycle. pero hindi lang naman yun ang basehan kung ano ang mas effective sa dalawa. :)

lucas @ February 3, 2009 at 5:46 PM

howdy! thanks for dropping by :) kaw pala si leoj. hehe!

sana hindi ka na bangag. :P

Leoj @ February 7, 2009 at 2:55 AM

yup ako nga. walang anuman. thanks din bro, kasi suki ka dito.haha

Anonymous @ February 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I lately bought [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/convert-x-to-dvd/]dvd creator[/url] to burn videos and pictures to dvd or films i compiled to dvd. each thing was well and dandy with the setup but at the time i was all designed to burn it remained informing me that i required to utilize a vacant dvd-r. well i had a vacant dvd-r in there. my dvd rom disk is a phillips dvdram sdvd8821h. my laptop computer is a HP presario C300. and the version of convertxtdvd 3.0.0.1. i was using phillips dvd+R 1-8x 4.7gb 120 min dvds. but i do nt think the drive is my matter. is there any other program better sutted for burning avi mp4 wmv to a dvd that can be compatible on most dvd players?